Starting Over

Thursday, April 27, 2006

A visit to Tate Modern

Saw two exhibitions recently - the intriguing and interesting Martin Kippenberger (though I'm not sure I really engaged with but a few of the pieces), and Albers and Moholy-Nagy: From the Bauhaus to the New World, which I found more interesting and engaging. The Kippenberger exhibition was for me more interesting in terms of considering artistitic practice and the production of ideas and influences. Individual works varied in impact for me from the banal (and somewhat dated feeling) to the striking.The Albers and Moholy-Nagy exhibition is one of several exhibitions and events in London at the moment dedicated to Modernism. Next on my list is the V&A exhibition. It's interesting how Modernism still produces such strong media reactions of negativity. This exhibition looks at two less well known figures who experimented with different media and ideas and was wonderfully curated - engaging with art history, ideas and the visual impact of the works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home